Do you remember the last time you used your car key for opening the door of your BMW? Perhaps you don’t if your BMW is equipped with keyless entry or remote control lock. For many BMW enthusiasts who pay great attention to style and appearance, the car key hole may look something unappealing to the fine lines of the elegant car. Thanks to a very ingenious small product, you can cover up the car keyhole in style with BMW painted keyhole covers.
BMW painted keyhole covers give your car that perfect door appearance. If you do not want to see the keyholes and want to give your car that refined uniform appearance, cover them up with BMW painted keyhole covers. These plugs may be a small addition to your car, but they can change the look of your elegant car.
The BMW painted keyhole covers are designed to replace your car’s factory key locks. These plugs are installed to conceal the key lock with interesting cover. BMW painted keyhole covers will not only give your car that unique custom look, but also give you added security for thieves. These painted plugs will make a lot of heads turn.
BMW painted keyhole covers are easy to install. This can be done in just a few minutes and all you need is some basic tools to complete the installation. It’s that easy. Here’s a simple guide on how to install keyhole covers:
- Using a flathead screw driver, remove the rubber grommet located on the side of the door.
- Unscrew the main bolt. In some cases, you may need an Allen Key to unscrew it. As the bolt is loosening up, it will not come out completely.
- Hold the bolt with long nose pliers and remove the lock cylinder.
- Now that you have taken out the lock cylinder, you can install the new keyhole cover. Installing the keyhole cover is easy as the unit will clip easily to the place of the keyhole.
- Tighten the bolt and return the rubber grommet to its place. There you go; your BMW painted keyhole cover is installed.
Keep in mind that BMW painted keyhole covers are not made of colored plastic so handle them with care and do not handle them roughly to keep them in good form. If the keyholes really bother you them you will surely enjoy this simple mod.
Check out some of the hottest BMW accessories. Click on the link to find out more.